Diversity and Inclusion
Our diversity is our strength.
First Student is committed to further building on our existing diversity and inclusion efforts
FirstGroup America is made up of a diverse workforce that serves some of the most diverse communities across North America.
The racial and gender diversity of our workforce exceed the US workforce as a whole. First Student employs African Americans at a rate that is two times higher than the U.S. national average for employers. We also employ women at a rate that’s nearly 10 percentage points higher than the national average.
However, we know there’s room to grow and more work to be done. That’s why in 2020, FirstGroup America launched the Diversity & Inclusion Council. The Diversity & Inclusion Council consists of 28 employees from across our organization. Location managers, the First Student and First Transit presidents, maintenance personnel, human resources leadership, operations managers, and regional vice presidents come together to find new and impactful ways to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of day-to-day work.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
- We strive to attract and develop a diverse workforce by promoting teamwork and embracing cultural differences.
- We all play a role in advancing an inclusive environment where everyone is empowered to share their perspectives, listen, and respect others.
- We will achieve this by our leadership fostering a people-focused environment and engaging with our employees, customers, and communities.
- In doing so, we will sustain an inclusive culture that supports future growth and fulfills our social responsibility.
“FirstGroup America has taken its first major step towards ensuring that it is a place that values the diversity of its employees and the communities that it services by organizing a D&I Council that is reflective of our workforce and the communities that we serve. Now is the time to speak up. Now is the time to listen. Now the real work begins.”
-John J. Williams, D&I Chairperson
Driving Progress and Change Within the Transportation Industry
|77% White||53% Men|
|12% Black/African-American||47% Women|
First Student Workforce
|54% White||44% Men|
|28% Black/African-American||56% Women|
- To celebrate our FirstGroup commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we serve. We will achieve positive and measurable outcomes with our customers, passengers, suppliers, and other stakeholders through strategic partnerships.
Development of Talent & Training
- To create a high-performing, sustainable organization that meets its strategic and operational goals and objectives by leveraging diverse talent. We do this by attracting, developing, motivating, and retaining a workforce that is a reflection of the communities we serve.
- Employees are encouraged to take the following courses through our FirstGroup America University program: Your Role in Workplace Diversity: Becoming a Diversity Advocate, Bridging the Diversity Gap: Barriers to Diversity, and Understanding Unconscious Bias: Types of Unconscious Bias.
Employee Experience & Communication
- To create and sustain a welcoming work environment where everyone can bring their best self to work. We do this through executing a comprehensive communication and engagement strategy that improves the employee experience at every level of the organization.
Learn More About Us
As the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America, First Student moves more passengers per day than all U.S. airlines combined. We know the value in leveraging our best practices, technologies, and processes to deliver quality transportation solutions. What sets us apart is our desire to build close, trusted partnerships with the districts we serve.
Certified Age Friendly Employer™
on Forbes list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity
on Forbes Best Employers for Women