Senior Vice President of Risk Management Heather Miranda is responsible for all of First Student’s self-insurance, external insurance and claims handling programs in the USA and Canada. With over 22 years of experience, Heather directs, develops and leads risk management strategies that prioritize customer safety and satisfaction. This includes advising our leaders in the field on potential risks/safety issues to better protect your students. She also oversees and ensures swift claims handling processes, fostering a secure environment for our school district partners. Heather also leads our Safety and Risk Board Committee. She joined First Student in 2021.
- Vice President of Risk & Claims and Risk Management Counsel for Covenant Transport Services
- 2nd Vice President, Business Insurance Product and Platform for Travelers
- Mid-Atlantic Claims Leader for Zurich Insurance
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Master of Business Administration, Loyola University Maryland
- Juris Doctor, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law